As an IT professional managing the email infrastructure or email security and compliance for hotels, travel, and airlines, you face unique challenges. You must ensure that email is free flowing, yet at the same time must provide both inbound and outbound threat protection so that employee records, customer data, customer information, and customer payment records are not jeopardized. Proofpoint email solutions for hospitality keep malware, spam, and targeted attacks such as phishing out of your employees mailboxes. Proofpoint solutions for hospitality also safeguard personal information, such as employee records, customer records and customer loyalty information, as well as credit card information, from being transmitted through email.
- Bi-directional Threat Protection: Proofpoint's threat classification engine includes granular policies for spam, suspect spam, phish, malware, and viruses. Outbound spam (spam sent from compromised accounts) can also be detected and blocked accurately.
- Pre-configured PCI Compliance Policies: Use Smart Identifiers and Managed Dictionaries to accurately detect financial information and personal information in emails and attachments, and apply policies or encryption. » Learn more about PCI requirements.
- Native Email Encryption: Proofpoint Encryption provides easy-to-use email encryption, backed by a strong policy engine that ensures all sensitive content is protected before it leaves the organization. All encrypted messages are branded to your organizations requirements. Recipients of Proofpoint encrypted emails follow extremely simple steps to authenticate and access their messages. No pre-registration or exchange of encryption keys is required to use Proofpoint Encryption; ad-hoc email encryption is fully supported.
- Detect targeted attacks (phishing) and traditional threats (spam and viruses) that are aimed at hotel employees, travel agents, and airline personnel:
The Proofpoint Threat Classification Engine can accurately block spam and other unsolicited emails from reaching your employees inboxes, keeping them productive. Using the Proofpoint Threat Classification Engine, you can also detect and block phishing messages, keeping them away from end users mailboxes and their spam quarantine. Proofpoint’s Threat Classification Engine is the only technology in the industry that will separate targeted attacks from older, nuisance spam. As an administrator, your email security and compliance solution should be making the distinction between spam and phishing messages; your end users should not be making split second security decisions when releasing emails from their spam digest, bulk mail digest, or spam quarantine or junk folders.
- Ensure that both inbound and outbound email communication policies adhere to state and government regulations without impacting the flow of email:
Proofpoint provides multi-layered data loss prevention to accurately detect sensitive information, such as credit card numbers, customer loyalty numbers, or employee records, within an email or attachment. Once detected, our solution can be configured to warn the sender about acceptable use policies, who can self-remediate these violations. The email will then be encrypted and sent to its recipient without relying on administrative or compliance officer intervention, reducing administrative effort and help desk calls.
Other use cases:
Customers sending an email to concierge staff or travel agents that contain personal information, such as credit card numbers, passport numbers, or drivers license numbers.
Airline personal or travel agents sending or receiving personal information throughout the reservation process (within an email or attachment), such as a passport number, a driver’s license number, or credit card information.
- Protect your organization’s most valuable assets – your brand and customer trust:
Administrators have access to real time reports and message tracing functionality to monitor your outbound mail stream for a compromised desktop, laptop, or account. Compliance officers have access to data loss incidents through an easy-to-use interface that provides custom reporting.
- Inbound and Outbound Detection and Encryption of Sensitive Data: Only Proofpoint can detect sensitive content, such as credit cards within spreadsheets that are emailed to your employees.
- Self-remediation: Only Proofpoint provides workflow to educate users about email usage policies, allowing them to self-remediate (send encrypted) without administrative intervention.
- DLP workflow and dashboard: Only Proofpoint provides a consolidated view of all email related data loss incidents across your entire organization.