For manufacturers, intellectual property is one the most important assets they possess. This can include trade secrets, product designs, or product launch information. With email being the most prevalent medium for communicating with suppliers, partners and customers, manufacturers face an increasing set of challenges around corporate data security and compliance of email communications. Proofpoint Enterprise Protection, Privacy, and Archive provide manufacturers with a comprehensive corporate email data security solution for email compliance and security to address those challenges.
Proofpoint Enterprise Privacy helps businesses in the manufacturing industry protect intellectual property by ensuring that email carrying this sensitive corporate data is always secured, whether the corporate data be blocked from leaving an organization or in cases where the corporate data needs to be shared, that it is encrypted before it leaves the organization.
Proofpoint Enterprise Archive is a FISMA-compliant email archiving solution and provides features to help organizations address challenges around email storage management, eDiscovery, and regulatory compliance.
With modern day low-volume phishing attacks targeted at corporate data rather than simply end user credentials, manufacturers must ensure that their corporate email data security solutions are protecting them against these latest data security threats. Proofpoint Enterprise Protection provides the industry's best security threat protection against modern-day, malicious threats, with a combination of accurate threat detection, granular management based on the threat classification, and tools for response should the need arise to react to a direct security attack on corporate data.
- Best-in-class Threat Protection: With phishing attacks on the rise, focused not on just end user account credentials but increasingly on leveraging phishing emails as an entry vector to steal sensitive corporate data, having a best-in-class security threat protection system is critical when addressing any corporate data protection strategies. Proofpoint Enterprise Protection provides the best security threat protection available against these external malicious security threats today.
- Email Encryption: Proofpoint Encryption provides easy-to-use email encryption, backed by a strong policy engine that ensures all sensitive corporate data is protected before it leaves the organization. All encrypted messages are branded to your organizations requirements. Recipients of Proofpoint encrypted emails follow extremely simple steps to authenticate and access their messages. No pre-registration or exchange of encryption keys is required to use Proofpoint Encryption; ad-hoc email encryption is fully supported.
- Accurate Detection of Confidential Information: Accurately identify confidential information with Proofpoint Digital Asset Security. Using MLX machine learning technology, Proofpoint Digital Asset Security analyzes and classifies confidential corporate data and then continuously monitors for that information in the outbound message stream. Support is provided for over 300 unique document types including CAD drawings, Microsoft Office documents, PDFs, and more.
- Flexible Policy Management: Granular policies can be set, allowing specific sets of users to send and receive certain types of confidential information via secure encryption with Proofpoint Encryption, yet prevent other groups from sending that type of information altogether.
- Compliance Dashboard: Compliance officers have a dashboard view of their organization. Incidents that require review are highlighted, with one-click drill-down access to each specific incident that may require intervention or remediation. Reports summarize the number of encrypted messages that have been sent and the type of content that triggered the encryption (Credit Card Number, NPI, trade confirmations, etc.).
- Workflow: Detailed workflow is available to provide detailed tracking against each incident. Compliance reviews can release messages by encrypting the messages, or leave messages blocked within the quarantine. Severe violations can be escalated for further review. Status of each incident in review is then logged.
- Flexible Remediation: The vast majority of compliance issues come from inadvertent corporate data loss. Proofpoint Smart Send is a feature that allows administrators to selectively allow sender-based remediation. For example, an employee may attempt to send a CAD file to a business partner. Smart Send can temporarily stop this message, send a notification back to the sender alerting them of the corporate data within the message, but then also provide direct remediation options within the notification email: the ability to block that message permanently, the ability to release that message, or to encryption that message before sending. Smart Send can be enabled for the entire organization or for specific groups.
- Full Support for Cloud-based Email Systems (e.g., MS Office 365): Proofpoint Enterprise Privacy is available as a cloud-based corporate date security solution and provides all the same rich functionality available as an on-premise solution. This also seamlessly integrates to any cloud-based email solution, such as Microsoft's Office 365, ensuring regulatory compliance while leveraging the cost benefits of the cloud.
- Protection of Email Infrastructure: Keep the high volumes of spam out of mail servers to reduce IT burden.
- Boost Employee Productivity: Keep spam and phish clutter out and employees’ mailboxes with the best in class spam and threat protection.
- Secure Business to Business Communications: Ensure that communications with your suppliers, partners and customers are secured with email encryption. At the same time, protect the relationship with them by blocking sensitive communications that may be sent to unauthorized 3rd parties.
- Compliance and Legal Team Self-Service: Provides sustainably fast and reliable access to archived messages for improved response to regulatory inquiries and legal discovery.
- Highly Accurate Spam Detection: Proofpoint MLX machine learning technology delivers 99.8%+ anti-spam effectiveness.
- eDiscovery: Easy-to-use, high-speed search technology returns results in 20 seconds or less, making eDiscovery quick and easy in the event of litigation.
- Easy-to-Use, Fully Integrated Encryption: An easy-to-use, policy-based encryption solution, accurately identifying messages for encryption ensures your organization is maintaining compliance to federal regulations.
- Mobile Support for Broad Range of Devices: Proofpoint solutions are fully optimized for mobile device usage, from both the sender and recipient perspectives. With the best mobile experience available from any solution today, this is critical as we see a growth in the variety of mobile devices in the enterprise environment.