Email Compliance Solutions by Proofpoint
Driven by the need for compliance with increasingly stringent data privacy laws (at the state, federal and international levels) and industry regulations, the need for enterprises of all sizes to invest strategically in email compliance solutions is becoming more compelling and urgent every day. Proofpoint develops solutions for enterprises that need to respond quickly to increased pressures around corporate governance, compliance, managing potential conflicts and creating a stronger sense of readiness.
Rapidly-evolving and expanding regulations mandate that enterprises and government organizations create and enforce policies for the assurance, protection and retention of corporate information. For example, government regulations such as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), the Gramm-Leach Bliley Act (GLBA) and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) have created significant and complex requirements for the proper protection, governance and retention of corporate information.
There are also a wide variety of rapidly changing country-specific and even state-specific regulations, such as the UK Data Protection Act, Canada's Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), the European Union's Data Protection Directive and comprehensive privacy regulations enacted in Massachusetts and Nevada that extend globally to enterprises serving customers in those regions. In addition to government regulations, industry standards such as Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI-DSS) also mandate that member organizations meet stringent data protection standards.
Email Compliance, Data Loss Prevention and Encryption
Proofpoint helps simplify organizational compliance. Proofpoint Enterprise Privacy™, our suite of email compliance, data loss prevention and encryption solutions provides "defense in depth" for private information of all types. It protects private information in email, defends against leaks of confidential information, and ensures compliance with common international, industry and US data protection regulations.
Key capabilities within Proofpoint Enterprise Privacy include:
- Regulatory compliance: Ensures that outbound email messages comply with many different types of regulations, including HIPAA, GLBA, the UK Data Protection Act, Canada's PIPEDA, the EU's Data Protection Directive, PCI compliance guidelines and SEC regulations.
- Encryption: Proofpoint Encryption offers powerful, policy-driven encryption features that mitigate the risks associated with regulatory violations, data loss and corporate policy violations, without adversely impacting business operations.
- Email firewall: Provides enterprise-grade, real-time content filtering for email.
- Secure file transfer:Provides secure, large file transfer capabilities that allow end users to send large files quickly, easily, and securely while removing the impact of large attachments on an email infrastructure.
- Digital asset security: Using powerful Proofpoint MLX™ machine learning technology, keeps valuable corporate assets and confidential information from leaking outside an organization via email.
The key benefits of the Proofpoint Enterprise Privacy suite include:
- Comprehensive privacy protection and data loss prevention: Gives an organization powerful data loss prevention capabilities “in the cloud”, the easiest and most cost-effective way for organizations to prevent leaks of sensitive data. The regulatory compliance solution secures private data and protects an organization from liabilities associated with privacy and data security regulations including HIPAA, GLBA, PCI, SEC rules and many more.
- Multi-layered, "defense in depth": Uses multiple layers of defense to protect all types of private information. The solution analyzes every aspect of an outgoing email message including content, attachments and message attributes using a variety of techniques to deliver outstanding accuracy with minimal false positives.
- Integrated, policy-based encryption: Protects private data at rest and in transit using encryption to ensure compliance with federal laws like HIPAA, SOX and GLBA, security standards such as PCI-DSS and state laws such as Massachusetts 201 CMR 17.
- Protection beyond email: Extends Proofpoint's powerful data loss prevention features to cover web-based email, instant messages, social media and other HTTP streams, so a single set of policies can be used for detection or blocking across the enterprise.
- Web-based administration, policy management and remediation: Enables administrators to monitor and control all Proofpoint Enterprise Privacy services and policies through an easy-to-use, web-based administration interface.