Proofpoint Enterprise Archive: Content Collection Module
The Proofpoint Enterprise Archive Content Collection module extends the range of Archive-controlled and searchable content beyond communications and structured repositories, to unmanaged in-place data – in a targeted manner, avoiding the extra storage costs and legal risks of archiving everything, over collection and over preservation.
Leveraging the Content Collection module enables legal teams to select specific storage locations – including Microsoft SharePoint -for legal hold collection and legal preservation. Content is then automatically collected and securely delivered to the Proofpoint Enterprise Archive for the duration of the legal hold. (see separate Tech Brief for Content Collection for more information).
- Automated, remote collection to eliminate costs of physical collection
- Targeted collection avoids costs and risks of over-collection and over-preservation
- Processing and Preservation built on industry-leading Proofpoint Enterprise Archive and Enterprise Governance
Preservation of data for legal hold is difficult, time consuming, and full of legal risk. Archiving has addressed legal preservation for email, but 80% of new data is being created on the edge, and can live on networked fileshares, mobile devices, social media sites, and cloud-based storage products. Many organizations continue to rely upon rudimentary tools or expensive consultants to identify and collect legal preservation information– often introducing risks of broken chains of custody as data is manually passed from one step to the next. Others have invested in large refrigerator-sized systems to index their data universe, with results that rarely meet speed or cost objectives.
With either approach, it is clear that the obligation to preserve material information for legal discovery continues to apply to any information, wherever it resides, regardless of how difficult it is to collect.
The Proofpoint Enterprise Archive Content Collection module was designed to address this challenge.
Proofpoint Enterprise Archive delivers sustainably fast, secure access to information for legal discovery by leveraging cloud technologies for 10x faster discovery, earlier assessment, and more efficient legal preservation control. While legal holds are active, collected content is instantaneously accessible via computer or mobile device for review and for export to downstream legal review tools. Get your data when you need it – without pressuring IT or performing risky manual data collections – to stay focused on critical tasks.
Content Collection agents installed on targeted servers serve as a starting point toward a complete information governance solution for networked file shares, Microsoft SharePoint, Lotus Notes, and other content repositories. Organizations can move quickly and painlessly toward a full lifecycle solution for governing unstructured information – without expensive consultants, deployment of more servers, or internal ocean boiling.
Proofpoint Enterprise Governance provides a proactive and full lifecycle solution to detect, manage, respond to, and control ever-growing information growth—simply and proactively.
- Delivers targeted, defensible content collection: Automates content collection with modules designed for specific repositories, as opposed to expensive and risky ‘scoop shovel' methods of content collections
- Utilizes proven legal hold robustness of Enterprise Archive: Create, preserve, and manage legal hold content in Proofpoint’s tamper-proof, SSAE-16 certified environment
- Utilizes proven content tracking capabilities of Enterprise Governance: Simple, fast to install with limited on-site footprint and minimal system impact
- Instantaneous Access: unified preservation for high speed search, review, and export of email, files and documents backed by Proofpoint's Search Performance SLA