Email Encryption: Software as a Service-powered, Policy-based Email Security Encryption Services
Proofpoint Encryption offers powerful, policy-based email security encryption features that mitigate the email security risks associated with regulatory violations, data loss and corporate email compliance policy violations, without adversely impacting business operations. Proofpoint Email Encryption solution is ideal for any corporate organization that needs to protect and secure sensitive email messages, while still making secure email messages readily available to appropriate affiliates, business partners and end users—on their desktops and mobile devices.
Email Encryption Solutions and Today's Email Compliance Policy Challenges
As email has become the preferred medium for business enterprise communications, preventing confidential email content from being leaked in outbound email messages has become an essential component of preventing enterprise data security breaches. Additionally, the number of government and industry regulations requiring corporate email compliance and email security encryption policies are on the rise. Federal regulations (such as HIPAA, SOX and GLBA), email encryption security standards such as PCI-DSS and, most recently, state data protection laws such as Massachusetts 201 CMR 17 all require enterprises to protect private data through technologies like email encryption.
Proofpoint Email Encryption meets these email encryption compliance requirements with the industry's most powerful and flexible enterprise email security solution for policy-based email encryption.
Simple to Administer
Unlike alternative approaches to email security encryption services, Proofpoint Email Encryption solution provides effective security for sensitive email messages without the administrative burdens and infrastructure costs typically associated with secure email messaging. Features include:
- Easy enterprise email encryption policy management: All email encryption policies—whether they are driven by regulatory compliance, data security or internal corporate concerns—are centrally managed and enforced at the gateway. A convenient graphical interface is provided for defining enterprise email encryption policies, which can be triggered based on structured, unstructured or keyword/regular expression content matches identified by the data loss prevention features of Proofpoint Privacy.
- Simplified key and certificate management: Proofpoint Email Encryption solution eliminates the administrative overhead associated with traditional email encryption services. Using Proofpoint Email Encryption solution, keys are generated locally by each unique customer instance of Proofpoint Email Encryption, whether deployed as software-as-a-service (SaaS) or on-premises.
- Minimal email data storage and archive requirements: Proofpoint Email Encryption solution simplifies the email storage and backup overhead that is typically associated with email encryption software. The Proofpoint Key Service handles all key management functions using Proofpoint's next-generation software-as-a-service (SaaS) infrastructure.
Easy to Use
Proofpoint Email Encryption operates transparently to end users without requiring software downloads or the installation and maintenance of desktop or mobile encryption clients. Proofpoint's email encryption services automatically encrypts and decrypts sensitive email messages as required, without end users having to use and manage complicated digital certificates or encryption keys. Proofpoint's email encryption solution can also support multiple end-user authentication sources.
Low Total Cost of Ownership
Proofpoint Email Encryption solution seamlessly interfaces with other components of Proofpoint Privacy, including Proofpoint Regulatory Compliance and Proofpoint Digital Asset Security. Easy deployment and minimal ongoing management requirements greatly reduce the ongoing costs associated with email encryption. Proofpoint Email Encryption's unparalleled ease-of-use for end users minimizes support, training and helpdesk costs.
Email Encryption Benefits with Proofpoint Encryption
- Automatically and dynamically applies email encryption based on your organization's email security compliance policies, right at the gateway.
- Regulatory Compliance, data loss prevention and email messages security policies are consistently and accurately applied, as-needed.
- Eliminates email encryption key management, backup and administration burdens through the Proofpoint Key Service™, using software-as-a-service (SaaS) infrastructure for secure, fully redundant key storage.