It’s been a fantastic week in San Francisco at the annual RSA Conference. Days were filled with informative keynotes and trainings, buzzwords, mesmerizing booths, and enjoyable networking opportunities throughout the event. In particular, with this year’s theme of “Human Element”, protecting “people” – a philosophy that we espouse, was top of everyone’s mind.
As the week wraps up, I’ve left with an abundance of exciting insights to take me through this next year. I want to share some highlights from my week attending RSA Conference 2020.
Part of what’s so great about this conference is the conversations you get to have. I was able to listen and be a part of many great discussions around people-centric security both as a panelist and an attendee.
- Earlier this week, I sat with Mayank Choudhary (ObserveIT, a division of Proofpoint), to discuss Insider Threats & People-Centric Approach to Security & Compliance. We dug into the ever-changing threat landscape and why creating an inclusive security program to protect all users is necessary.
- Improving Email Security: Strategies & Solutions was another live panel I was able to participate in. I was joined by Steve Stock (infosec), Dr. Richard Ford (Cyren), and Rick Holland (Digital Shadows) to chat about the growing issues in BEC, how security is not a one size fits all design, and solutions for protecting your people.
- Tom Filip, Director, Global Security Architecture and Engineering at The Kellogg Company, and I presented together at the conference on Protecting Your Most Valuable Assets- Your People. Our discussion detailed into new threat vectors related to online file storage, the use cases related to CASB, who your Very Attacked People (VAP) are, and our views on why prioritizing adaptive controls can benefit your organization.
- A lot of great discussions also happened while networking during the scheduled events. This year, Proofpoint hosted a customer lunch and a cocktail reception. We met with a handful of folks at each event, where we were able to connect with customers and partners and shared with them about on our new bundles.
* Presenting together with Tom Filip, Director, Global Security Architecture and Engineering, The Kellogg Company.
Chatter and creativity filled the Expo Hall as brands found new ways to distinguish themselves at RSAC 2020. This year, Proofpoint’s booth was an astonishing 20ft X 30ft and 15ft tall, located in the heart of the event, next to the briefing center. The booth was filled with vibrant and dynamic visuals. It featured large videos on two external walls and a theater, where we held presentations on topics ranging from email security to cloud security to Zero Trust Network Access.
There was a lot of buzz around our New Solutions Announcement. On Tuesday, February 25th, Proofpoint announced the industry’s first integrated, end-to-end solutions that address BEC, EAC, and innovations to help secure cloud applications.
Proofpoint was honored to be the recipient of the 2020 SC Media Award for Best Email Security Solution. Winners were selected by cybersecurity industry professionals, including current and former CISOs, vendor-neutral consultants, and educators.
- Proofpoint walked away with a record-setting 19 Cybersecurity Excellence Awards, in both the company to product specific categories. The Cybersecurity Excellence Awards recognizes companies, products, and individuals for their excellence in the cybersecurity space. They announced Proofpoint as Most Innovative Cybersecurity Company and Best Cybersecurity Education Provider, among other awards. You can view the full list of awards and recipients here.