Proofpoint has made more investments in our Aegis threat protection platform this year that can help support our federal agency customers and partners in their missions. This blog provides an overview of some of these recent innovations and enhancements.
Supernova Behavioral Engine
In October we started rolling out the Supernova Behavioral Engine to Proofpoint FedRAMP Email Protection environments. Supernova is an industry-leading detection stack that uses advanced artificial intelligence and machine learning to stop threats in real time.
Not only does Supernova stop spam, but it also protects against threats that don’t rely on malware, like business email compromise (BEC), supplier fraud and telephone-oriented attack delivery (TOAD) attacks. It also detects malware-based threats, like ransomware. And it scans for phishing messages pre-delivery so that they’re never delivered to users.
The Supernova Behavioral Engine uses language, relationships, cadence and context to detect anomalies and prevent threats in real time using AI/ML.
With this recent release, Supernova is now available to all Proofpoint email security customers around the world. It is a free detection stack upgrade that is integrated into our broader platform. You can learn more about the Supernova Behavioral Engine here.
Other Proofpoint investments that benefit federal customers
Supernova is not the only new rollout. These are some additional product enhancements that support the federal government community and its missions:
- FedRAMP Email Gateway (Proofpoint On-Demand, aka FedPoD). We upgraded FedPoD to align feature parity more closely with our commercial environments. This includes enhancements to Proofpoint Email Warning Tags and the Proofpoint Circle of Trust.
- FedRAMP Targeted Attack Protection (TAP) Dashboard. Now, the TAP Dashboard includes a detailed Threat Intel Summary. It features threat insights about top threats globally and within your agency or your vertical. This is in addition to common vulnerabilities and exposures (CVEs) that we curate from our Emerging Threats intelligence data and Proofpoint Threat Intelligence Service analysts.
Proofpoint solutions for the federal government
There are hundreds of federal customers that use dozens of on-premises and cloud solutions from Proofpoint. These are just a few:
- U.S. Department of Defense
- The defense industrial base
- The intelligence community
- Federal civilian agencies
- Federal system integrators
Proofpoint has earned the FedRAMP Moderate certification across these four cloud-based solutions:
- Proofpoint Email Protection
- Proofpoint Email Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
- Proofpoint TAP
- Proofpoint Archiving
Federal agency missions are under constant attack. And agencies are faced with a daunting task: They must implement measures that protect vital data yet still enable their employees to carry out their missions. Proofpoint can help.