More than 90% of targeted attacks start with email, and these threats are always evolving. Proofpoint Targeted Attack Protection (TAP) stays ahead of today's attackers with an innovative approach that detects, analyzes, and blocks advanced threats before they reach the inbox.
Benefits and Features
TAP is built on our next-generation email security platform, which gives you a unique architectural advantage. You get clear visibility into all email communications for a far-reaching view of the threat landscape. See everything from banking trojans and ransomware to attacks targeted at your organisation. Deep, message-level context makes TAP especially effective at identifying hard-to-catch threats that other solutions miss.
TAP equips you to:
- Block and quarantine messages with malicious attachments or malicious URLs. They never reach the inbox, so users never click on them and become compromised.
- Submit attachments and URLs to our cloud-based scanning service to detect and inspect malicious content.
- Transparently rewrite all embedded URLs to protect users on any device or network. Track and block clicks to malicious web pages without affecting the user experience or other URL-filtering technologies you're using.
Targeted Attack Protection Demo
Sophisticated Threat Analysis
TAP stops threats quickly and accurately. It applies multi-stage analysis to inspect the full attack chain. And it uses a combination of static and dynamic techniques to catch even the most advanced threats. Our technology doesn't just detect threats—it also learns from them. It observes the patterns, behaviors, and tradecraft used in each attack. Armed with that insight, TAP adapts to make the next attack easier to catch.
TAP technology stands out because:
- The cloud-based sandbox constantly adapts to detect new attack tools, tactics, and targets. Our technology handles evasive attacker techniques: virtual-machine detection, time-delay malware activation, geographically bound threats, and more.
- Some threats, like credential phishing attacks, leave no obvious digital traces. We use template- and reputation-based detection to efficiently catch these attacks.
- Our unique predictive analysis preemptively identifies and sandboxes suspicious URLs based on email traffic patterns. This drastically minimizes the risk of a patient-zero case from a previously unknown malicious URL.
Superior Intel and Visibility
Only Proofpoint provides threat intelligence that spans email, network, mobile apps, and social media. Our threat graph of community-based intelligence contains more than 800 billion data points that correlate attack campaigns across diverse industries and geographies. You can easily leverage this insight through the TAP Threat Dashboard.
The TAP Threat Dashboard:
- Can be accessed through a web browser. You get visibility into the threats entering your organisation. See who is attacking, how they're attacking, and what they're after.
- Provides data at organisation, threat, and user level. This detail helps you prioritize alerts and act on them.
- Highlights broad attack campaigns and targeted threats. See attacks directed at your executive leadership and other high-value employees.
- Provides detailed forensic information on threats and campaigns in real time. You get downloadable reports and can integrate with other tools through APIs.
"Without Proofpoint, I had zero visibility into thousands of emails targeting us. We would have missed 450 to 475 potential clicks. Now we have the level of visibility we need to protect our environment."
—Mark Freed, CISO, FMC Corporation
Protection Beyond the Network
To protect your people, data, and brand, your defenses must work where your people do—at the pace that they do.
TAP enables you to:
- Protect users on any network, on any device, and in every location they check their email. TAP works on internal or external networks (both public and private) on mobile devices, desktop PCs and the web.
- Deploy quickly and derive value immediately. You can protect hundreds of thousands of users in days—not weeks or months. TAP can be easily configured it as add-on modules to the Proofpoint Protection Server. It can be deployed as a virtual appliance, hardware appliance, or cloud service.
- Stay ahead of attackers with frequent, daily updates to our cloud analysis services.
- Enhance the security of any email platform—even for Office 365 Exchange Online environments.
Threat Discover Trial
Are there malicious URLs and attachments you haven’t seen? Find out with Proofpoint Threat Discover This advanced assessment tool quickly and easily identifies threats in your current environment.
Support, Services & Training
We offer world-class support, services and training to maximize your investment.