Data loss prevention (DLP) is a top concern for organisations today. And it makes sense, with a distributed workforce and increasing reliance on technology, legacy & on-prem DLP technology hasn’t lived up to its promises.
That’s because data loss begins with people, whether negligent, compromised, or malicious insiders. So how can you implement an effective protection solution for your most sensitive data?
- You can't protect what you don't know – without a granular view of the most sensitive data, it's impossible to put in place good protection.
- Classifying “by hand” does not work – using the traditional method (keywords and patterns) or manual labelling is expensive and inefficient.
- Insider risk versus insider threat – the importance of language and approach
- Classification is the key to effective protection – accurate classification results in a working DLP solution that reduces the false alarm rate.
- In a revolutionary way, Proofpoint Intelligent Classification and Protection calibrates the DLP by feeding it precise, customised dictionaries based on the analysis of your data.