Podcasts

How to Be a Cyber Criminal

S02E01: So You Want To Be A Cyber Criminal

Season 2: How to Be a Cyber Criminal   Do you think you have what it takes to be a cybercriminal? It’s not a profile you might expect: high in people skills… low in tech.
Jul 1, 2020
00:15:18

S02E02: Business Email Compromise Scams

Season 2: How to Be a Cyber Criminal 80% of what you need to be a cybercriminal is Internet access. The other 20% is mostly social engineering. Effective cybercriminals understand how people think.
Jul 15, 2020
00:25:25

S02E03: Email Account Compromise Scams

Season 2: How to Be a Cyber Criminal BEC, or Business Email Compromise, is when an attacker disguises themselves to look like a trusted person. But EAC, or Email Account Compromise, is when an attacker actually compromises an email account. They can start sending emails as, well, you.
Aug 12, 2020
00:19:24

S02E04: Email Phishing Scams

Season 2: How to Be a Cyber Criminal Not all cybercriminals are evil.
Aug 19, 2020
00:40:36

S02E05: Malware Scams

Season 2: How to Be a Cyber Criminal The word malware comes from “malicious” + “software” — and it’s as bad as it sounds. To get inside the minds of cyber criminals, we asked 2 security experts to teach us about malware.
Oct 7, 2020
00:19:46

S02E06: Ransomware Scams

Season 2: How to Be a Cyber Criminal Would you pay the ransom? There are 4,000+ ransomware attacks per day with $3.5Bn lost in just 2019. Looks like the answer is Yes.
Oct 26, 2020
00:22:09

S02E07: A Day in the Life of a Threat Researcher

Season 2: How to Be a Cyber Criminal Cybercriminals may be nefarious, but they are also people. And people have habits. If you want to stop one, it helps if you learn them. 
Nov 18, 2020
00:27:26