The Latest in Phishing: December 12, 2014
Here are some of the latest phishing attacks from the wild:
- Many of you are ordering gifts online for the holidays. Hackers are taking advantage of this and sending out fake order confirmations from UPS and Fedex to millions.
- Retailers will be sending millions, if not billions, of emails this holiday season. Be on the lookout for fake emails from Walmart, Home Depot, Costco, Target and other popular retailers with offers if you enter your email address or other PII .
- The hackers sending phishing emails from GoDaddy are at it again, offering domains for only $1.99! As with many things in life, the deal is too good to be true.
- According to a report by the Anti-Phishing Working Group, China is responsible for 85% of global phishing domains.
- Have a Yahoo mail account? Received an email about "Mail Activity Reports"? It's a phishing scam and should be avoided.
- If you're one of Netflix's 35 million subscribers, be on the lookout for a phishing email about your credit card no longer working.
Want to protect your employees from phishing attacks?