How We’re Helping Healthcare Organizations Manage End-User Risk
As noted in the State of Security Education: Healthcare report, we are helping healthcare organizations and customers across all industries raise cybersecurity awareness levels and train end-users to recognize and avoid social engineering attacks and other threats. You can read about one Proof of Concept exercise that helped a regional hospital and medical center reduce its susceptibility by 86% after trialing components of our anti-phishing training.
The report also outlines the components of our Healthcare Security Awareness and Training Program, which offers a prescriptive approach for cybersecurity education. We worked with our healthcare customers to develop a program that targets some of the most persistent threats while accounting for the time and staffing challenges that are unique to this space. Some differentiators of this program include the following:
- Combines scenario-based knowledge assessments and simulated phishing attacks to give a clearer understanding of the most pressing end-user vulnerabilities.
- Enables administrators to identify the most susceptible users and automatically assign follow-up training on a range of topics, including management of protected health information (PHI), ransomware prevention, and email security. By shortening the window between assessments and education, organizations can quickly begin to close concerning knowledge gaps.
- Offers brief, interactive training modules that are available on demand — a huge plus given the pressing and varying demands of staff schedules.
- Allows employees to learn by doing, which resonates with the many practical learners in this industry.
- Provides detailed reporting tools that help administrators establish a baseline vulnerability measurement, track and share progress, analyze results, implement gamification techniques, and more.
Subscribe to the Proofpoint Blog