Protecting Healthcare in the Age of Digital Transformation
Healthcare is evolving to give patients better access, improve outcomes and streamline costs. Fostering this transformation means protecting the way health and life sciences organizations communicate and collaborate. Proofpoint provides health institutions protection and visibility for their greatest cybersecurity risk—their people. Whether they are targeted through email, the web, social media or cloud apps, we have the solution. With our industry-leading integrated people-centric healthcare cybersecurity solution, you can to protect those interactions. And we stop threats before they reach clinical and support staff. This helps safeguard your valuable data. And it protects patients from cyber attacks. Leading healthcare organizations of all sizes, including more than two-thirds of the Fortune 1000 healthcare institutions trust Proofpoint to protect their staff and patients.
Who We Protect
Pharmaceutical and life sciences organizations, healthcare providers and insurance companies of all sizes across the globe have benefited from our people-centric security solution. These include:
- 75% of the top 20 hospitals, as defined by U.S. News and World Report Best Hospitals Honor Roll 2020-21
- Five of the top 10 in the 2020-21 Best Children’s Hospitals Honor Roll from the U.S. News and World Report
- Seven of the 10 largest U.S. health systems according to Becker’s Healthcare
- Nine of the top 10 largest health insurers according to Becker’s Healthcare
- 82% of Fortune 500 healthcare institutions
- 70% of the top 20 global pharma companies, categorized by market cap
- 56% of the top 30 medical device manufacturers
How We Protect
Healthcare organizations need advanced protection that works in the flow of email to secure the way they deliver and coordinate care—inside and outside of their environment. No matter what type of health organization you are, Proofpoint can help. We offer a variety of recommendations to support your security and compliance requirements. These include:
- Adopt a people-centered security posture.
- Use people-centric insight to improve your security posture.
- Train users to spot and report malicious email.
- Assume that users will eventually click a link.
- Use effective information protection solutions to secure and access data.
- Build a robust business email compromise defense.
- Take a zero-trust approach to remote access.
- Keep risky web content out of your environment.
- Secure Microsoft 365 and other cloud platforms.
- Reduce compliance risk.
- Partner with a threat intelligence vendor.
- Augment your data protection program with experts from a managed services provider.
Healthcare Provider Organizations
Cyber attacks on the healthcare industry are constantly on the rise. Highly sensitive patient data can have high monetary value making attackers target such organizations. COVID-19 has made this industry even more vulnerable. Now, physicians and non-clinical staff deliver more patient care services remotely increasing the exposure of cyber threats. Proofpoint can help you. Our healthcare cybersecurity and compliance solutions protect you, your staff and your patients.Details
Health Plans and Insurance Companies
The insurance companies and health plans that pay for a large share of U.S. healthcare costs face many of the healthcare cybersecurity challenges that other healthcare institutions face. But for attackers, financial information is king. This creates enormous pressure to ensure your payment practices and the sensitive data you hold is secure. One fact remains: The primary way attackers breach healthcare networks is through people. Our healthcare cybersecurity and compliance solutions can help protect you, your staff, and your customers.Details
Pharmaceutical and Life Science Firms
Pharmaceutical companies are facing a deluge of targeted attacks that threaten their intellectual property, data and brand. With our people-centric approach, you can protect your data, operations and IP from today’s biggest threats.Details
“Proofpoint helped improve our posture and hardening for BEC attacks, as previously we did not have a DMARC setting. BEC attacks targeting our brand are significantly more visible now.”
Gary Gooden, chief technology and security officer, Seattle Children’s HospitalRead Customer Story
“Proofpoint gives us an end-to-end email solution. Our users know that what they send is protected. What they receive is filtered and has the Kelsey-Seybold stamp of approval. Proofpoint is a tremendous asset for our email system and an effective, time-saving solution for us.”
Martin Littmann, chief information security officer, Kelsey-Seybold ClinicRead Customer Story
“All inbound and outbound mail to and from Microsoft 365 is routed through Proofpoint. By sitting in front of Microsoft 365, it provides filtering and analysis for another layer of protection in the cloud before email even arrives at our internal systems for additional evaluation.”