The Latest in Phishing: August 18 2014
This is the first in a regular series in which we will bring you the latest in phishing attacks reported from around the web:
- Own a cryptocoin like Bitcoin? A new scam targets cryptocoinnews.com using the domain cryptocoinznews.com
- An Ebola news alert email imitating CNN as a sender is now making the rounds, where clicking the link will install malware onto your computer
- Own a domain on GoDaddy? A new phishing email alerts account owners of server slowdown and recommends creating a speacial tmp directory
- If you use E-Z Pass, be careful of an email being sent alerting you of your credit card not working, as it is most likely a phishing scam
- In addition to phishing, we heard Clearview Credit Union customers are being smished with a fake debit card suspended text message.
Want your employees to avoid phishing attacks?