Product Update: New Mobile-Responsive Training Modules Are 508, WCAG Compliant
Earlier this week, we announced the release of new mobile-responsive mini-modules and standard-length cybersecurity education modules that conform to the U.S. Section 508 standard and the international Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 AA standard. These enhancements to our interactive training portfolio increase security awareness and training flexibility and accessibility for organizations and their end users.
Seven of our training modules now utilize our new mobile-responsive design, which allows employees to access training anytime, anywhere, and on any type of connected device. Included in this platform update are two new mini-modules, which offer 5 to 7 minutes of focused training (in comparison to our standard modules, which deliver 10 to 15 minutes of education about a topic). The two new mini-modules were developed to help organizations further educate their end users about two common attack vectors: ransomware and infected USB drives.
- Protecting Against Ransomware – This targeted cybersecurity module provides brief, yet comprehensive training about how to spot and avoid ransomware attacks, which have been growing at an alarming rate across all industries.
- USB Device Safety – An often-overlooked threat, infected USB drives have been identified as the starting point for several high-profile and damaging cyberattacks. This mini-module gives end users the knowledge they need to protect their personal and corporate systems and data from the risks associated with flash drives and USB-powered devices that are part of the Internet of Things (IoT).
Visit our website for descriptions of all the mobile-responsive employee training modules and
to see the full list of cybersecurity education options currently available to our customers.
As an added benefit, because our mobile-responsive modules are 508 and WCAG compliant, end users with disabilities can easily access and complete their education requirements. This flexibility and accessibility enable organizations to deliver the same cybersecurity awareness training assignments to all of their end users around the globe.
Chris Luedde, eLearning Product Manager for Wombat Security, said of the new design format, “We’ve had great feedback from our customers on the responsive and accessibility features. Our remaining training modules will be moved to our mobile-responsive format as part of our module refresh process over the next several months.”
Mobile-Responsive Modules Currently Available
- Protecting Against Ransomware
- USB Device Safety
- Data Protection and Destruction
- Mobile Device Security
- Security Essentials
- Security Essentials for Executives
- Social Engineering
Subscribe to the Proofpoint Blog