Proofpoint Announces Winter 2013 Update to its Cloud-based Security and Compliance Solutions
Highlights Include New Proofpoint Secure Share™ Cloud-based File Transfer Solution
SUNNYVALE, Calif., – January 23, 2013 – Proofpoint, Inc., (NASDAQ: PFPT), a leading security-as-a-service provider, today announced its Winter 2013 release which delivers significant enhancements to the Proofpoint Enterprise™ suite of cloud-based threat management, regulatory compliance, information governance and secure communication solutions. Among the features and enhancements in the Proofpoint Winter 2013 release is a new cloud-based solution for secure, compliant file transfer,Proofpoint Secure Share™.
"Rapid innovation enabled by the cloud is one of the primary drivers of strong adoption of the Proofpoint information security and governance suite," said David Knight, executive vice president of products for Proofpoint. "Our Winter 2013 release continues this innovation with the introduction of Proofpoint Secure Share, the third significant new module introduced to the Proofpoint Enterprise suite in the past three quarters."
Introducing Proofpoint Secure Share™
Proofpoint Secure Share™ is a cloud-based, managed file transfer solution that makes it easy for end users to exchange large files securely—and in compliance with enterprise policies such as data loss prevention rules—without impacting the organization’s email systems or other IT infrastructure. Proofpoint Secure Share™ is designed to simplify the process of exchanging large or sensitive files while also meeting the strict security and compliance requirements of today's enterprise. Benefits include:
- Highly-secure file sharing experience: Proofpoint Secure Share™ incorporates enterprise-grade security controls including sender/recipient authentication, encryption, malware detection and data management capabilities.
- Simple enforcement of file sharing policies, including data loss prevention:Proofpoint Secure Share™ allows administrators to easily customize and enforce a wide variety of file transfer policies for data retention and file management. Integrated data loss prevention (DLP) capabilities enable Proofpoint Secure Share™ to detect private, sensitive or confidential information in transferred files and help minimize data exposure risks.
- End-user ease of use: Proofpoint Secure Share™ allows users to exchange files using a convenient web-based interface or right from their Microsoft Outlook inboxes. Proofpoint Secure Share's™ seamless user experience increases end-user adoption, simplifies file transfer workflows and reduces the risks associated with employees using unsanctioned file sharing alternatives.
Proofpoint Secure Share™ provides enhanced security and administrative control over traditional file transfer methods, existing on-premises solutions, and public cloud file sharing services. Proofpoint Secure Share™ leverages the enterprise-class data loss prevention features of Proofpoint Enterprise Privacy™ suite to automatically enforce DLP rules such as blocking or encrypting sensitive content. Recipient authentication features protect confidential information and help ensure that only valid, verified recipients can receive sensitive files.
Each Proofpoint Secure Share file link is assigned a limited lifespan with an administrator-configurable expiration time. Flexible DLP options enable blocking and/or quarantining of files that violate enterprise policies, end-user notification and reporting features. Return receipts let end users confirm that their files were delivered, while an audit trail is maintained to provide file access tracking and reporting features. File recipients can easily respond and share large files with original senders via Secure Share's web-based user interface which also maintains an audit history of file sharing actions.
For an overview of the capabilities of Proofpoint Secure Share, see this brief video demonstration: http://www.proofpoint.com/secure-share-demo. In February, Proofpoint will host a webinar featuring Proofpoint Secure Share™: http://www.proofpoint.com/id/webinar-q113-privacy/index.php?id=7.
Proofpoint Enterprise Protection, Targeted Attack Protection and Privacy Enhancements
The Proofpoint Winter 2013 release includes updates to Proofpoint's threat management and regulatory compliance capabilities. The Proofpoint Enterprise Protection™ email security solutionincorporates enhancements including:
- Enhanced custom threat and spam definitions and classification rules: The latest version of Proofpoint Enterprise Protection gives administrators more control over threat classifications including phish, bulk mail, and adult content messages, enabling more granular handling of particular message types and improving overall effectiveness.
- The administrative interface for Proofpoint Enterprise Protection and Privacy is now available in English, Japanese, German and French versions, configurable on a per-administrator basis.
- Access to various components of the Proofpoint Enterprise administrative interface is now more granular, giving Proofpoint's, large multi-national customers precise control over the rights and permissions granted to individual administrators.
In addition, the Proofpoint Targeted Attack Protection™ solution—which uses big data analytics and other advanced technologies to provide reliable protection against spear phishing and other malicious, targeted attacks—continues to be enhanced with new threat detection techniques and advanced malware sandboxing features.
The latest version of Proofpoint Enterprise Privacy™, which provides data loss prevention andpolicy-based email encryption capabilities, allows even more flexibility in creating customized DLP policies. The solution now includes more than 20 pre-defined lexicons and 35 “smart identifiers” (including a wide variety of international identifiers) to detect personal information, financial information and protected health information and address customer needs to comply with complex, global data protection regulations. Other updates include enhanced control over end-user enrollment for Proofpoint Encryption™ and new customization options for the Proofpoint Secure Reader web-based encryption interface.
Archiving and Information Governance Enhancements
The Proofpoint Enterprise Archive™ cloud archiving solution has been enhanced with a variety of administrative and end-user features including:
- New user interface localizations: The interface for Proofpoint Enterprise Archive now allows end users to select their preferred language from more than a dozen options including Chinese (Simplified or Traditional), Czech, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Thai and Turkish.
- Delegated administration and discovery segmentation enhancements: Large organizations that use Proofpoint Enterprise Archive across a number of different business units, agencies or divisions can now limit administrator access to only those mailboxes within an administrator's scope of responsibility. This allows multi-division organizations to delegate mailbox administration to local IT staff while constraining those staff members to manage only those mailboxes within their division. Proofpoint Enterprise Archive's discovery segmentation features (which enable per-division searches and legal holds) are now available to Microsoft Office 365 customers.
- Enhanced legal discovery export capabilities: The latest version introduces a variety of enhancements to the workflow and capabilities around export of messages to PST or EDRM file formats.
- Availability of Content Collection option: The latest version includes support for the recently introduced Proofpoint Enterprise Archive Content Collection™ option, which extends Proofpoint's powerful eDiscovery and legal hold capabilities beyond email to a wide variety of documents. With the addition of the Content Collection option, Proofpoint Enterprise Archive provides a unified, secure and searchable legal hold repository of both files and messages.
Gartner positions Proofpoint in the Leaders Quadrant of its recently published 2012 Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Information Archiving. Read the full report, compliments of Proofpoint, athttp://www.proofpoint.com/email-archiving-magic-quadrant.
About Proofpoint, Inc.
Proofpoint Inc. (NASDAQ:PFPT) is a leading security-as-a-service provider that focuses on cloud-based solutions for threat protection, compliance, archiving & governance and secure communications. Organizations around the world depend on Proofpoint's expertise, patented technologies and on-demand delivery system to protect against phishing, malware and spam, safeguard privacy, encrypt sensitive information, and archive and govern messages and critical enterprise information. More information is available at www.proofpoint.com.
Proofpoint, Proofpoint Enterprise Protection, Proofpoint Enterprise Privacy, Proofpoint Encryption, Proofpoint Secure Share, Proofpoint Enterprise Archive, Proofpoint Enterprise Governance and Digital Thread are trademarks or registered trademarks of Proofpoint, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.