Few industries can claim a mission more critical, data more sensitive, or operations more complex than healthcare. Unfortunately, few industries are finding it more challenging to keep it all protected. To help healthcare organizations better understand the evolving threat landscape, we analyzed a year’s worth of cyber attacks against the healthcare industry including care providers, pharmaceutical/life sciences organizations and health insurers.
Here are just a few of the highlights:
- Targeted healthcare companies received about 43 impostor emails in Q1 2019 —a 300% jump vs. the year-ago quarter.
- VIPs and other high-ranking workers aren’t always attackers’ biggest targets.
- More than half of all email sent from healthcare-owned domains in Q1 was unverified by DMARC, a sign that they might be spoofed.
- Banking Trojans were the biggest threat to healthcare companies, accounting for 41% of malicious payloads during our study period.
- 95% of targeted healthcare companies saw emails spoofing their own trusted domain.
Download now to learn more.