People are at the core of our values and our people-centric cybersecurity strategy. As of December 31, 2020, the Company employed approximately 3,660 people worldwide, of which approximately 70% were employed in the United States with the remaining 30% outside of the United States.
The Company’s security and compliance products and services are created and supported through a global workforce passionate about the Company’s culture and cybersecurity vision. Our people-centric approach to cybersecurity is uniquely adept at protecting our customers’ greatest assets, their people, while addressing their greatest risks, their people. At Proofpoint, our people - and the diversity of their lived experiences and backgrounds, thinking and perspectives, and work skills and experiences - are the driving force behind much of our success. We encourage and value innovation at every level of our workforce. Our people include leaders across technical fields covering threat research, machine learning, analytics and cybersecurity engineering, to customer success, technical support, operations and information security. Our people, whether they are in sales, marketing, or general administrative functions, strive to understand the challenges and unique needs of our constituents and deliver predictable and efficient results.
Our Chief Human Resource Officer (“CHRO”), who reports directly to our Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”), leads the development and implementation of the Company’s human capital strategy, including the attraction, acquisition, development and engagement of talent; however, it is the responsibility of all of Proofpoint, its management and its employees, to execute and build a collaborative and engaging workplace where all employees have an opportunity to do their best work and where we act as a team to solve our customers’ most challenging security issues.
Our CHRO, with our CEO and executive management team, are responsible for developing the Company’s diversity and inclusion vision and roadmap and integrating these into the Company’s culture and operations. The roadmap includes framing the Company's global policies and programs for leadership and talent development, compensation, benefits, staffing and workforce planning, human resources systems, education and organization development, workplace strategies, and global sourcing and indirect procurement, and ensuring effective and efficient internal company operations.
The CEO and CHRO in concert regularly update our board of directors and the Compensation Committee on human capital matters.
Additional People and Team Topics:
- Purpose and Culture Learn More
- Employee Experience Before, During and Beyond COVID-19 Pandemic Learn More
- Health, Safety and Wellness Learn More
- Benefits and Wellbeing Learn More
- Inclusion and Diversity Learn More
- Talent Development Learn More
- Business Ethics Learn More
- Internship Program Learn More