CyberSecurity Breakthrough Awards
In September, CyberSecurity Breakthrough Awards named Wombat its 2017 Enterprise Email Security Solution of the Year. An independent organization, CyberSecurity Breakthrough is dedicated to recognizing the top companies, technologies, and products in the global information security market.
“2017 has been marred with an inordinate number of cybersecurity incidents, from ransomware attacks to data breaches and massive consumer data leaks,” said James Johnson, managing director at CyberSecurity Breakthrough. “Now is the time for consumers and businesses to protect themselves from these increasing cyber threats. Fortunately, many companies are delivering breakthrough cybersecurity solutions, and we are committed to highlighting and showcasing these standout cybersecurity companies and products with our awards program.”
Info Security Products Guide Global Excellence Awards
In February, Info Security Products Guide recognized Wombat with three 2017 Global Excellence Awards:
- Gold in the Email Security and Management category for our PhishAlarm® Analyzer email analysis tool
- Silver in the Security Training and Educational Programs category for our Security Education Platform, which is a purpose-built learning management system
- Bronze in the Security Products and Solutions for Healthcare category for our CyberStrength® Knowledge Assessments, which allow organizations to assess end-user knowledge levels about a variety of cybersecurity topics
This is the sixth year in a row that we’ve received a Global Excellence Award, and our fourth consecutive year as a Gold winner.
Carnegie Science Awards Entrepreneur of the Year
In addition to industry-wide awards, Wombat received recognition from an educational institution in our hometown of Pittsburgh, PA. The Carnegie Science Center recognized Wombat CEO Joe Ferrara with its Entrepreneur of the Year Award. Since 1997, the Carnegie Science Center has honored a select number of educators, organizations, and science and technology leaders for their outstanding work in the Pittsburgh region.
Additional Awards and Honors
We were also recognized for the following prestigious awards:
- Cyber Defense Magazine named Wombat as the Leader in Security Training in its 2017 CDM Infosec Awards
- Our Customer Success Team was a finalist for a Cybersecurity Excellence Award in the 2017 Cybersecurity Team of the Year category
- Outstanding Security Performance Awards (OSPAs) named Wombat a 2017 US finalist in its Outstanding Customer Service Initiative category